I never really knew what the deal was with champagne brunches, but they’re huge in Hong Kong. Although my idea of a great Saturday or Sunday afternoon includes fantastic food with a great view (al fresco is a plus), for me, alcohol is strictly reserved for evenings. Maybe it’s a cultural thing (British and French people seem to like drinking at all times of the day while Asians don’t).
Last Sunday, however, I decided to make an exception on the invite from Crowne Plaza to sample their newest brunch offer at their rooftop location, Club@28 (fitness club, not night club). At relatively steep prices (I’ll share this with you shortly), you can have unlimited food and drinks (including bubbles) plus a rooftop pool to yourself overlooking Happy Valley and Causeway Bay.
So, what’s included in the package?
- Appetizer Buffet (antipasti, salad, air-dried ham and salami, cheese, soup)
- Dessert Buffet (see photos below)
- A Seafood Platter piled high with fresh oysters, half a Boston lobster, Alaska crab leg, tiger prawn, cherrystone clam, black mussels and whelks (see photo below)
- 1 Main course: Choose from Lobster Egg Benedict, Smoked Salmon with Black Truffle and Potato Frittata, Wagyu Beef and Duck Foie Gras, or Coral Trout Baked in Foil
- Free-flowing Billecart-Salmon Brut Champagne, Louis Roederer Brut Champagne, Cava Rose
- Fresh juices and Soft drinks
- the swimming pool open from 9-11am
The Sunday Brunch is open from 11am-2.30pm every Sunday (this is a bit early, methinks, but that’s how it is folks)
while the Swimming pool is open from 9am-1pm every Sunday from now until the end of August (2014)
HK$888 adult – appetizer and dessert buffet + main course + free-flowing bubbles, fresh juices, and soft drinks
HK$785 adult – without the free-flowing bubbles
HK$288 child – with free-flowing fresh juices and soft drinks
When you think about it, though, the price for using just the pool for the day (or for just a certain time slot) in other hotels is upwards of HK$500, and that doesn’t include food yet. Or so you can justify to yourself.
Club@28 is located on the 28th floor of Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway Bay, 8 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay Hong Kong
For reservations and enquiries, call 3980 3300