I’d like to thank fellow blogger thisgirlabroad for nominating me for this award. Well, I don’t know what it’s about, really, but I thought I’d join in on the fun and participate.
1. What made you choose the life of an expat and/or traveler?
- I was bored of living in the same place for 22 years.
- I wanted to see the world and meet different kinds of people.
- More/better opportunities abroad.
2. What country have you enjoyed playing tourist in the most?
- Spain – life, life, life! Sexy language, good looking people, art, slow lifestyle, beautiful landscapes and cityscapes…
- Southeast Asia, my ‘hood: Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia… all beautiful and unique
- UK – absolutely beautiful and romantic place. Maybe it’s the literary soul in me that romanticized it so much, it being the home of Shakespeare, Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Lord Byron, etc… But next time I’m going in summer.
- Japan – mind-boggling culture, absolutely beautiful country, and fantastic food
3. What country would you never want to step foot in again? I would never say never for any of the places I’ve been. But there are some countries that I have no plans of visiting at any point, namely Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan…
4. If you could give one piece of advice to someone who was thinking about expatriating, what would it be? If and when you go, don’t forget who you are, and where you came from. Don’t lose sight of your values just because the place you’ve moved to has very different ones from your own – don’t compromise yourself, your beliefs, or your identity. Keep an open mind, but hold on to the important things.
5. Where do you see yourself in five years? I really don’t know. Travelling some more, being in love, maybe settling down.
6. In your opinion, what country has the best food? Favourite dish? I’ve never been to Iran, but I love Persian food.
7. Most embarrassing travel moment? Crying in the airport when I missed my flight from Casablanca to Madrid. A Moroccan girl asked me why I was crying, and if it was for love…
8. Why did you start blogging? Because I enjoy it!
9. What do you most miss from “home”? Food, family, friends, and warmth (both climate-wise and human-interaction-wise).
10. Post one of your favourite travel shots.
I would like to nominate:
To the nominees: if you’ve accepted this Liebster Award then here’s what you need to do:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
2. You must answer these ten questions:
- Where did you come from, and what are the 3 best things about home?
- Where are your favourite places in the world?
- If you could choose anywhere as your next destination, where would it be?
- What are your top realizations about living abroad?
- What is your ideal job?
- Can you share a random but memorable travel moment?
- What do you take with you, wherever you go?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done outside of home?
- What are the three things you want to accomplish in the next 5 years?
- What are your top 3 travel songs?
3. You must nominate any number of your favourite blogs with less than 200 followers and let them know.
4. You must come up with ten questions for your nominees to answer or you’re welcome to use the above questions.